web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bad Water

I was poisoned at work. Just as I set down my pitcher of ice tea that I had just chug-a-lugged, someone called out, "Don't drink the water." She was saying things like, "Oh my God, couldn't you taste it?" "Oh my God, didn't you see the sign?" She went in the kitchen and said, "Oh my God, no one put a sign up."

It turned out that I drank about two cups of salt water. I don't know how salt got in the water supply, but downing sweetened tea made from it, I didn't notice until too late. That was yesterday. Today, my lips and tongue are still feeling parched and no matter how much water I drink, I can't quench my thirst. Sometimes I wonder if they are trying to kill the nurses before they reach retirement age and collect on their pensions.

There was one other weird thing about yesterday. The men kept staring at my boobs. That is not normally an issue with me. I'm not busty and I was modestly dressed in loose scrubs. It wasn't until I got home that I discovered the problem. Blood was splashed across my chest. I don't even know how that happened.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 3/18/2008 09:05:00 PM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What a scare, and I hope you are getting recovered. How did salt get into the tap water? How weird!

So, that's how you get people to look at a chest? Will it be the next T shirt craze? Is that off color? sorry...

 
At 3/19/2008 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm guessing that the hospital softens its water with salt and someone screwed up.

If women want men to look at their chests, splashing blood across their shirt would be cheaper and easier than a boob job. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home