web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

MacKenzie's New Friend

I had been dreading this day for some time. Eventually, MacKenzie would need to go to the vet for vaccinations and she has a man phobia. My vet and his assistant are men.

I imagined that she would growl, snarl and snap and that the vet would suggest putting her down, like my friends have suggested. I was dreading an ugly scene and having to find a new vet with only female employees. I consider a dog to be a lifetime commitment and will find a way to make it work. Putting down or giving away a challenging dog is not an option.

Everything turned out fine, though. MacKenzie was terrified, but well behaved. She was the nice dog that I know, not the maniac my friends see. I think she was afraid that I was taking her back to the dog pound, like her former owners did. She has been on her best behavior since the vet visit. Perhaps, I should take her to the vet more often, or at least drive by, when she is acting up. Just kidding.

The vet thinks that she might be part German Shepard and part Collie. That would explain a lot.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home