web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Escape

The gardeners didn't close the gate when they left, so when I let the dogs loose in the backyard, MacKenzie escaped. I was naked except for a flimsy little wrap. I couldn't run up and down the street like that, so I had to put on some clothes, shoes and find my glasses.

With shaking hands, I got dressed, wondering how on earth I would find her. She runs like the wind and there was no telling which direction she took off. She also doesn't understand the problem with crossing the street without looking.

In near panic, I ran out the front door and MacKenzie ran in. She covered me with slobbery kisses and ran in little circles. It looks like she has finally figured out that she has a good home and doesn't want to run away. We are making progress.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 3/21/2008 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Fire those F******G gardeners!

 
At 3/21/2008 06:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good deal! You've made tons of progress. Remember when you had to lay down on the ground to get her to come to you?

 
At 3/24/2008 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, it is tempting to get new gardeners, but they are all flakes. I could mow the lawn myself, but I have other things I would rather do on my precious days off.

Lisa, you're right. She likes me, she likes me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home