web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Quickie

While making my rounds, I stopped to chat with a patient. Suddenly, he smiled and asked, "Would you like a quickie? "

"Uhhh..." was my response.

While I stared at him with a frozen smile, he reached into a drawer, pulled out a canister and opened it. Inside were cookies. He hadn't offered a quickie, but a cookie. Happily, I took one and went back to the nurse's station, eager to tell my funny story.

No one laughed. None of my coworkers knew what a quickie was.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 6/20/2008 06:52:00 PM, Blogger may said...

wow. your coworkers are THAT innocent? :)

 
At 6/20/2008 07:53:00 PM, Blogger Beatriz Kioko said...

hehehe! Lovely.
The first thing I was taught in my CNA course was not to accept anything from the patients... I don't get it now. You even got a quickie =)

 
At 6/20/2008 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I knew what it was. Hmm... Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta find Annette.

 
At 6/21/2008 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, yes, I was surprised too.

Gabrielona, we're allowed to accept small gifts. I would be thinner if it weren't for patient's presents.

Alan, perhaps Annette would rather have a cookie? :)

 
At 6/22/2008 02:59:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Lol ;o) Where have your co-workers been all their (very sheltered) lives?!

 
At 6/22/2008 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is great!!!!...

 
At 6/23/2008 09:34:00 AM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Terrific story! I even laughed out loud about your Co-workers, too.

 
At 6/25/2008 05:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gemmak, I think they all went to Catholic schools.

Madwag, thanks.

Zippiknits, I'm glad that I have my blogging friends who understand what I'm talking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home