web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Still Rocking

I'm home and am really wishing that the ground would stop swaying. A week on a boat has disrupted my equilibrium. I need to go to the store and buy groceries, but am not sure that it is safe to drive.

It is probably just as well that I go hungry. I gained two pounds and am a little tired of eating five big meals a day, plus snacks. Hunger is not a bad thing right now.

I am also exhausted. Silly me; I thought that cruising was a leisurely, restful type of vacation. It never occurred to me that I would have to get up before six on most days, rush around and not get to bed until after midnight.

Anyway, I had a great time and would gladly take the same trip again.

The cruise left from Seattle and we arrived a day early so that we could do the tourist thing. I had driven by Seattle several times on my way to other places, but had never seen the city. It was gorgeous. It reminded me of San Francisco. Too bad about the weather, though. The cold, damp gloom made it a challenge to enjoy the natural beauty of the city.

At Pike Place, I came across an artist who did sketches. I'm guessing that it was the same guy who did Dave's avatar at Emusings (http://dkgoodman.com/). I just let the artist do his thing, which was a mistake. Dressed modestly in a rain coat, buttoned from neck to ankle, it never occurred to me that he would draw me scantly clothed, perched on top of the Space Needle.

This will not be my new avatar, but at least I got a laugh out of it.





~ Home

7 Comments:

At 6/09/2008 01:32:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

LOL

Looks like you're sunbathing on a flying saucer in a little black dress. :)

We've never taken a cruise. Why is it that you're up before six and up until midnight?

Welcome home. :)

 
At 6/09/2008 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm with dk on this one. I can't imagine any reason to get up so early on vacation. That drawing doesn't look anything like you. I am glad you are back...I NEED to shop.
There is a new little redhead here who would like to meet you soon too. She's in surgery today but will be here until she's all healed up and ready to go.

 
At 6/10/2008 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is the same artist who did Dave's avatar.

You should have gotten together with Alan since you were in Seattle. I'm sure he would have loved it.

 
At 6/10/2008 07:55:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

That Alan guy is pretty goofy, so it was best to play it safe.

I have about three and a half years of cruising experience. Six AM to midnight sounds normal to me.

I like your avatar better than Dave's. ;)

 
At 6/10/2008 08:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I will answer your question in the next couple of posts. I recommend trying a cruise. It is an easy way to vacation if you don't mind sleep deprivation.

Connie, I would have loved to have met Alan, but it would have been hard to explain to Lindsay just who Alan is. My Blogger life is a secret.

Alan, I'm glad that you like the avatar, but it barely resembles me. I would never sit on the top of the Space Needle. :)

 
At 6/11/2008 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

You're posting pictures of Lindsay and he doesn't know? Oh Oh! Please be careful. I smell lawsuit. :)

 
At 6/13/2008 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, but first he has to find out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home