web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life Is Getting Back To Normal








Sarah, my best friend from nursing school is returning to L.A. The central California coast was freezing, windy and overcast. How can a Valley Girl tolerate such conditions? Why should she have to? L.A. is paradise.


Sarah sold her L. A. home over a year ago at the peak of the market and rented a home up north, a couple of blocks from the ocean. In the meantime, the housing market collapsed. Sarah has now purchased a house in the Valley and made out like a bandit. In the meantime, I'm a hundred and fifty thousand dollars poorer, but it's just a paper loss, I keep telling myself. *sob*


Anyway, I'm looking forward to our "ladies who lunch" days and our shopping marathons. The photo above was taken a little over a year ago on our last shopping adventure. We were testing out furniture by lying on it.


We bought so much stuff that day, the only way to get it home was to put down the top on my convertible and pile the stuff on top of Sarah. She could barely breathe underneath the pile.

For the gentlemen who may be new to my Blog, these are a couple of extra shots of Sarah. Yes, she loves to cook and is good at it. I'm looking forward to a good, home-cooked meal.



~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/13/2008 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Keeneye said...

Dang, Sarah.

That's a nice pair of. . .




meals

that you're making there. If only I could look so glamorous while slaving over a stove all day. :)

 
At 5/14/2008 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I'm probably the only guy to notice the oven is actually off.

 
At 5/14/2008 02:14:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Oven? What oven?

 
At 5/15/2008 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Keeneye, even on a good day with all day to work on it, I can't look that sexy.

Alan, the oven is off because the food is done. :)

Bulldog, Sarah would be disappointed if no one noticed her special oven. She went to great expense and trouble to get it.

 
At 5/15/2008 06:18:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I went by the vintage oven store when I was down there. They have a fire engine red one, if I could only get them airbrush some nice flames on the sides and maybe up on the pie cooling rack...that would be sweet! They also have a turquiose one so I may go ultra modern with the rest of the kitchen and put in a nice shiny retro oven in!
And...no matter what I wear I will never have your long legs. God knew if I had them I would be oh so very bad :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home