web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Sky Valentine



It scared the heck out of me. I was sitting on the patio reading the paper when something swooped down out of the sky. It turned out to be a valentine from the sky, a red balloon with "hugs & kisses" written on it. It landed in a red rose bush and got caught.

The dogs weren't too happy about it either. MacKenzie was ready to kill it until she realized that it was just a balloon.

I was left with a problem. Should I keep my valentine or free it so that others could have a surprise too? I decided to keep it by rationalizing that the power company doesn't like Mylar balloons because they tend to knock out the power if they land on a power line.

The next day, I felt guilty that the balloon was trapped on the rose bush. It needed to be freed, so I let it go. It stuck around because the helium was gone. A couple of days later, the wind blew it away. The power is still on, so I guess things turned out okay. But if you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know what happened.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 5/02/2008 04:40:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

Oooooooo It's a sign!!!!

Of what? No clue lol.

 
At 5/07/2008 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm still waiting for the sign to come to fruition. How long do these things take? :)

 
At 11/22/2009 04:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what comany makes that balloon it looks fammilar

 
At 11/23/2009 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, we'll never know. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home