web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Dumping Ground

A short walk from my house is where old couches, mattresses and cars go to die. Narrow dirt trails wind all through the hills. People drive up them and get rid of what they no longer want. Dead bodies are occasionally found also, but none by me, so far.

When I want to get rid of something too big to throw in the trash, I either break it up to fit in the cans or hire someone to haul it away. I guess other people just dump it where ever. It doesn't make for an enjoyable walk to see otherwise pristine land used as a dump.

The worst thing I ever found were fish heads, hundreds of them, with names stapled to their heads. I guess that will remain one of life's mysteries.








~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

Few animals will defecate in their own nest. Unfortunately, humans seem to be unique in that arena. It's sickening what slobs some folks are.

Sounds like the local authorities ought to set up a watch.

 
At 4/15/2008 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's just horrible. I think part of the problem is that Goodwill is getting really picky about the furniture they will take. We tried to donate a couch once and they wouldn't take it because there was a stain on the bottom of one of the couch cushions.

 
At 4/15/2008 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Bulldog, I assume that the people doing the dumping don't have to look at what they did. It would be nice if the authorities could do something, but the area is so widespread.

Connie, you're right about Goodwill. They are incredibly picky. I've had my stuff rejected also.

 
At 4/18/2008 02:19:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

That's quite a collection of couches. At least they provide comfy seating while shooting Hondas.

 
At 4/21/2008 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, good point. The coyotes and other critters also probably like having a nice soft spot to sleep too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home