web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pink Berry Addiction


I woke up the usual way today, with a dog tongue in my mouth. Who needs an alarm clock when a french kissing dog lets you know when it's time to wake up? I did set the snooze alarm a few times by rolling over, but there is no escaping the deeply probing dog tongue.

It was my day off, so I ran errands. My favorite nursery was engulfed in the intoxicating perfume of orange blossoms. It is more like walking through a garden than a store. I slowly wandered around, adding stuff to my basket, which worked out to about $200 an hour. That is pricey for an hour and a half of fun, but not if you consider the summer of enjoyment that I will get out of my plants, assuming that they live.

My next stop was at Pink Berry. I don't want to make libelous statements and be sued, but I think that they put heroin in their frozen yogurt. I don't know how else to explain my addiction. It's expensive. It costs almost five times what I can pay for the same sort of thing from Costco, but Costco's yogurt doesn't feed my addiction.

I settled into a big upholstered chair with my treat and quickly slipped into a state of ecstasy. As slowly as possible, I savored it, but too soon it was gone. My Pink Berry habit is a self-indulgent, $28 an hour habit. Cheap, by heroin standards.

The day ended with me digging as fast as I could to get the plants in before dark. I didn't finish, but that is okay. That will allow me to have more fun tomorrow. There are few things better than having dirt caked under my nails. I feel relaxed from working in the warm sun.

The weather is so perfect it is a shame that I have to work this weekend, but what choice do I have? I need money to live and feed my frozen yogurt habit.


~ Home

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2009 02:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home