web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, April 21, 2008

A Symmetrical Chin

A big boil came to a head on my chin. I am so happy about that. Seriously, I am. I was able to drain it of all kinds of prurient material and now it is healing nicely.

Ever since falling and cracking open my chin while practicing ballet a few months ago, there has been a big lump on my chin. It should have been sutured, but I was too lazy to go get that done. After attempts to tape it closed failed, I glued it shut the next day. Too much time had passed and it became infected. But the infection was deep and walled off. I just waited and hoped that someday my body would absorb the nasty thing brewing inside or that it would work its way to the surface and form a head.

It is so nice to have both sides of my chin symmetrical again.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 4/22/2008 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

LOL at "prurient". Fruedian slip there, Melissa?

 
At 4/23/2008 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, how embarrassing. How did I ever confuse purulent and prurient?

 
At 4/23/2008 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is cool.... I bet it feels so much better

 
At 4/25/2008 09:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It sure does. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home