web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

A New Camera

My new camera arrived, so of course, I'm playing with it. It has a pet setting, which is a great idea. It can focus on a moving target, like Georgie, below.

He needs a hair cut, but I like him the way he is. Sometimes I put a pony tail on top of his head to keep the fur out of his eyes. He really hates that. The rest of the time I just put spit on his head, which acts as a styling gel.

Last Fall, I tossed some larkspur seed across the ground and it came up. I really expected the gardeners to think it was a weed and pull it. That is usually what happens. I'm still fuming that the gardeners weed-whacked my day lillies just as they emerged from the ground.

I'm still working on learning the macro setting. The photo below is out of focus, but I liked the artsy effect. I love photographing flowers at an extreme close up. The new camera appears to have more potential to get in close. I like my new toy.





~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/11/2008 05:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's starting to look like an Afghan :) You're taking some lovely pics with your new cam.

 
At 5/11/2008 11:12:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Unlike Georgie, I hate when I get hair in my eyes. Maybe I should buy a bottle of "product" from you. :)

 
At 5/11/2008 03:45:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

My, what big fuzzy feet he has.

 
At 5/12/2008 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I do like long-haired blond dogs.

Dave, I'll give it to you for free. I have no shortage of spittle.

Alan, all the better to track dirt into the house.

 
At 5/18/2008 04:52:00 PM, Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I like my tiny poodle to be shaggy, too. He's a cute little raggamuffin when shaggy. I love the hair gel thing. hehe must try it.

The flower shots are great, and you are right about the bottom one. Very artsy. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home