web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Icky Stuff

Perhaps this monstrosity is a ring holder, I don't really know. Whatever it is, it gives me the creeps. It looks like it should be coming out of the ground on Halloween.

Sarah is back and we did the lunch and marathon shopping thing. We just picked up where we left off and it was like she was never gone. I've got to be honest, though, it was more exhausting than working a shift in the hospital. Sarah hasn't had any fun stores to shop in during her year on the Central California coast. Making up for lost shopping time, Sarah bought a couch, recliner, ottoman, bench and a shopping cart full of stuff for her new house. I got off a lot cheaper.


This creepy thing was on the back of someone's car. Whenever they hit the brake, the red eyes on the skeleton lit up. Ewww.

Finally, this icky photo is of Meat Loaf performing Paradise by the Dashboard Light. It is true that he is only acting out the lyrics and is demonstrating reaching second base. He is also just trying to be funny and entertain the audience. But I really don't like it.

It is disrespectful to his back-up singer, Aspen Miller. Meat Loaf could simply run his hands up and down her sides like he did in the original video with Ellen Foley. The audience can use their imagination for the rest.

This makes me uncomfortable because I can imagine what it must be like for her to go to work everyday and be pawed by her boss, even if her workplace is the stage and Meat Loaf is her boss. She can't really make him stop it without risking losing her job. He has all of the power and acts like he owns her. I would have much more respect for Meat Loaf if he would treat Aspen like a lady.

Perhaps we are lucky that Meat Loaf didn't do this song with his other back-up singer, who is his daughter. But Aspen Miller is someone else's daughter. She deserves the same consideration and respect.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 5/28/2008 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Meat Loaf and the trailer receiver lights aren't so bad, that that finger thing is really weird.

 
At 5/28/2008 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Keeneye said...

One gals "ick" is anothers treasure...

I WANT THAT FINGER THINGAMABOB!!!!

I'm not kidding. Want it. Now.

As for the trailer hitch - a friend is buying one that has a deer on it. When you hit the brakes, the deer's legs move furiously back and forth.

So about that finger thingamabob... where was it? Cost Plus World Market? Arte Mexicano on Soledad Canyon?

???

 
At 5/29/2008 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, well, at least we agree on the finger thing.

Keeneye, the finger thing is at Home Goods on, I think, Newhall Ranch Rd., near McBean. It is in the center section of the store. I'm sure that it is still there. :)

 
At 5/29/2008 04:32:00 AM, Blogger Jack said...

Ellen Foley was also the insecure little blonde public defender on "Night Court" for one season.

 
At 5/30/2008 06:50:00 AM, Blogger may said...

the fingers thing could be art...but to me, it looks scary. then again, i am the opposite of art :)

 
At 5/30/2008 04:30:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Bulldog, it is amazing what make up and hair dye can do. She looked so different.

May, I have traditional ideas as to what constitutes art. I suspect that you feel the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home