web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cat Tuna For Dinner?

How did things go so horribly wrong? This is Saturday, our night to order food out. Anticipating a large dinner, I only had tea, soymilk, berries and broccoli before going to work.

We ordered Thai food for dinner and by the time it arrived, I was starving. There was just one thing standing between me and a plate of rice noodles. My dinner didn't arrive. I heard it being ordered, pad thai with tofu, but it wasn't delivered.

The restaurant refused to bring it (their menu is now in little paper bits in the trash can), the cafeteria was closed and I was too busy to leave to go get something. My only choice was to eat patient left-overs or go hungry. I found a tuna sandwich and took a bite of it. It tasted like cat food and the bread was wet. No way I was going to eat that. The only other food all involved instant mashed potatoes, canned gravy and processed meat. Eating that was out of the question too.

I had two apples with me and so that was my dinner. And people wonder how I stay so thin.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 10:57:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Poor thing. Nothing worse than being hungry and having nothing mentionable to eat in sight.
Glad you had those apples.

 
At 10/17/2005 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

If it hadn't been for those apples I would have been forced to eat that horrid patient food. I can't believe that we make people eat that slop.

 
At 10/17/2005 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You can get Wolfagand Puck takeout at Cedars.

 
At 10/17/2005 02:40:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Where can I go to get Teri Hatcher takeout? :)

 
At 10/17/2005 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, is the takeout for patients or staff?

Dave, is she your favorite desperate housewife? I thought that you preferred blondes. ;)

 
At 10/17/2005 11:42:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Teri Hatcher takeout? Are you serious? What does she eat... like one lettuce leaf a day, maybe an occasional scoop of fat free cottage cheese. What's the point of living?
Puck is for patients. The entire top floor is for VIP's and the if you don't work up there, you don't go up there. Why do you think all the movie people go there! They do have the largest cafeteria of any hospital I've ever been to, they even have a kosher section. Still the food is just marginal.

 
At 10/23/2005 01:58:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I prefer blondes until I see a brunette. And I prefer brunettes until I see a redhead. I guess I don't have a preference. I'm easy. :)

 
At 10/23/2005 04:26:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Fickle or easy? :)

It's nice that you appreciate different types of beauty. I once knew someone who was so picky that he only liked skinny, 6 foot tall, long haired blondes. He married me anyway, and then complained the whole time about how short I was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home