web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Kind Lawyer

One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in his shiny
limousine when he saw two men along the roadside eating
grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got
out to investigate the situation.

He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?"

"We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied.
"We HAVE TO eat grass."

Shocked, the lawyer said, "Well, then, you can come with me
to my house and I'll feed you!"

"But sir, I have a wife and two children with me. They are
over there, under that tree."

"Bring them along," the lawyer replied.

Turning to the other poor man, he said, "You come with us, too."

The second man said, "But sir, I also have a wife and SIX
children with me!"

"Bring them all!" the lawyer answered and they all jammed
into the huge limo.
Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the lawyer
and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us
with you."

Genuinely touched, the lawyer replied, "Glad to do it!
You'll really love my place...the grass is almost a foot high!"


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/15/2005 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice! You really had me there for a minute.

 
At 10/15/2005 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ya had me too LOL!

 
At 10/17/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

See? Not all lawyers are bad. :)

 
At 8/11/2009 02:07:00 AM, Anonymous adwokat zadośćuczynienie said...

interesting article

 

Post a Comment

<< Home