web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Santa Guts On The Lawn

Like kids all over the world, my boys opened their Christmas presents this morning. Delighted with his new toys, Murphy ran outside to play with them.

Mayhem struck. Within seconds, Santa was decapitated, disemboweled and his fluffy white guts were scattered across the lawn.

Murphy then came back in the house and stared at me. I figure he was thinking that was fun, but is that all? Christmas lasted less than a minute. Keep looking at me like that Murphy and I'll get out the antlers again and we'll have another photo shoot. Oh wait, that's right, you also destroyed the antlers. Well, you showed me. (Murphy wins every argument.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 12/25/2005 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh Santa, poor Santa ;) Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/25/2005 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

And poor Kelsey and Tommy, too. Murphy also killed their toys.

 
At 12/27/2005 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Candace said...

This post brings a smile to my face.

Four fantastic new toys as gifts to our newest family member, Tess, who is a year and a half old, female, yellow lab.

Only one toy has managed to survive all of the holiday cheer and with effort!

The three others, although not completely destroyed, have been morphed most joyously into mutations of their former selves.

Will that keep me from buying her more toys? No! You would think that I'd learn, right? Nope. I'm way too smitten with my little lady, Tess.

 
At 12/27/2005 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who buys toys that will be immediately shredded. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home