web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Make Sure That It's Turned On

My day started out with a dead computer. First I made sure that the power was on. It was. Next, I pulled out the equipment on the floor to get to the cords and check all of the connections and make sure it was plugged in. It was all plugged in. After that I was stumped.

Computer withdrawal was starting to set in. Trying not to panic, I sat and stared at the computer. Then, I suddenly noticed that the computer was turned off. I never turn my computer off, but there must have been a power failure or something. I hit the on button and it came back to life.

Don't I feel like a fool? I'm glad that I didn't call anybody for help. I can imagine some guy in India laughing at the stupid American girl who didn't think to turn the computer on.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 1/17/2006 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I used to work tech support--and I got a call that the IT people had broken a computer--and the monitor was clicked off.

Another woman called IT support every day to come to her desk and turn her laptop on--she never remembered where the "button thingie" was.

At least you aren't putting white-out on the monitor!

 
At 1/17/2006 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Don't feel too bad, i bet thousands out there have had the same thing happen to them, it's just that you have the guts to mention it!

 
At 1/17/2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Grin. I am sure the support hotlines have had worse than that :)

 
At 1/18/2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, I don't know how you ever figured that one out. I would have been running extension cords from outlets that worked.

R2Ks, Lol at white out on the monitor.

Michelle, I'm not ashamed of my blonde ways. They give me something to blog about.

Karen, I'm glad I didn't have a chance to find out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home