web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

There's A Man In My Bed

The patient was upset.

"There's a man in my bed," she hissed.

Asked what she was talking about, she pointed at her legs and said, "I can see his legs under the covers."

Whoever this man is, he must follow her everywhere she goes.

****************************
A patient was brought in by paramedics. She had an IV in her breast. There was nothing wrong with her arms, but for reasons best known to them, they chose her boob. Were they bored and looking for unusual places to put IVs or perhaps, they just wanted an excuse to see and handle her breasts? If I ever get one of them for a patient, maybe I will try putting an IV in their penis.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 01:47:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, what an eventful few days you've had LOL.
IV in the boob.....strange, i have seen one in the foot though.

 
At 1/14/2006 11:13:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have never seen an IV in the breast, central lines and ports in the chest wall, sure, and I have started them in the foot on occasion when there was no other site, but the breast, that's just too strange.

 
At 1/15/2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm sure that they were just getting their jollies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home