web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pointless Poke

The things that I have to put up with. Today someone stuck a needle in my arm and injected tuberculosis. It was killed first, but still. I have to go through this every year to keep my job.

The employees who test positive don't go through this because what's the point? We know they will test positive, so they merely fill out a form stating whether or not they have any symptoms of TB. If they deny symptoms, they're done. Why can't they do this with everyone? I could fill out the form too and deny coughing, night sweats, etc., and not have to be stuck. It's almost like they want to torture the few of us who haven't tested positive for TB, yet.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 07:43:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Geez, punish the innocent. You poor lady.

I used to call them the TV test because of the four holes looking like a box. I had no idea why they had to test us for TV.

 
At 1/12/2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol at TV test. Perhaps it might be good to test positive on that test. Doesn't everyone want TV?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home