web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Vested

Today is vesting day. This is the five year anniversary of working for my employer, so I will now qualify for a pension, if I live that long. It's hard to believe that five years has gone by, it feels more like twenty. And, I have only fifteen more years to go, if I don't wear out before that. I also get a raise and will be invited to a party in October to celebrate. Woohoooo!

I never thought that I would look forward to being old enough to retire. How is it possible that I'm quickly approaching fifty and I'm still just a kid?


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations, I think? 15 more years of work, just kill me now...

 
At 1/08/2006 09:37:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

You aren't approaching 50--50 is running away from you because you are too young :)

 
At 1/09/2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, I think that's why the doors to the balconies are locked at the hospital.

Thanks, R2Ks. That's sweet.

 
At 1/09/2006 03:49:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

R2K is spot on, here's hoping 50 never catches up to any of us :)

 
At 1/09/2006 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Tati said...

Congratulations!
(I personally think that 50 is what you make of it - I am staring down that road too). :-)

 
At 1/09/2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Michelle, but I know of only way to keep from turning fifty. :)

Karen, you look much too young to be staring down the same road. I think you're right, though. I'm actually proud of my age and don't have a problem with turning fifty, just so long as I don't look fifty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home