web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Produce Envy

I visited Sarah and found several tomato plants covered with fruit and blossoms. On her table was a pile of tomatoes that she had picked. How unfair is that? My tomato plants shriveled up and died in October. I just pulled out my basil a few days ago because all of the leaves had shriveled up and blown away in the last storm. And her garden is a summer paradise, still.



Her pepper plants are even still thriving.



In Sarah's garage was this bin full of narcissus bulbs ready to plant. Her father doesn't know it yet, but that's going to be his project when her parents come to visit soon.


I'm feeling so inadequate. I like living in Santa Clarita, but it's so much colder than the Valley. At least that's going to be my excuse for my sad garden until I can think of a better one.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You have a beautiful garden. OK, so half of it is under water right now but that will drain away. I bet there are tons of things you could grow, you just have to figure out what thrives in your climate :)

 
At 1/07/2006 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

My excuse is winter. And the fact that anything that I touch (that isn't human or animal) usually dies. And hey, you have a garden--which makes you cooler than me :)

 
At 1/07/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, the only thing stopping me from having a spectacular garden is lack of free time, energy and this damn blogging thing.

R2Ks, that is a good excuse for where you live. You have real winters. I have no good excuse.

 
At 1/08/2006 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Any chance of you growing some of that yummy swiss chard again?

 
At 1/09/2006 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have some now, but it needs to be replaced. I need to get to the nursery.

 
At 1/09/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well how much...exactly...do you have? :)

 
At 1/09/2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have enough for you and you can have it all, but the plants still need replacing. They're starting to look like trees.

 
At 1/09/2006 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yummy! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home