web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Missing A Uterus

Sarah's home from the hospital and she's lighter by one uterus. She wasn't using her uterus for anything and it was causing her all kinds of problems, so she got rid of it. Sarah got out in record time, just 2 nights. It's impossible to get a decent night's sleep in the hospital with people constantly coming and going, doing things to you, hovering over you and what not. Sarah was desperate to get home so that she could sleep, not to mention see her dogs.

Visiting her in the hospital, it was hard for me to keep my hands off of her. No, it's not what you think. To me, she looked like a patient and I wanted to poke and prod her to properly assess her condition. It was nice of her to let me see her incision and she tolerated my poking her feet and looking for IV sites.

Sarah will be off from work for two months. I wish that I could have that much time off, but I don't want to go through what she did to get it. Perhaps with so much free time, Sarah will want to start her own blog.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Somehow it always comes back to the blog. Nice try, I will be busy with the 2.5 million projects I have to finish around this house.

Oh so good to sleep in my fluffy bed again surrounded by my dogs!

 
At 12/31/2005 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Ah, rest well in your own fluffy bed and take care, Sarah. :)
And Happy New Year to both of you ladies.

Oh, and I am putting myself at the top of the "If Sarah ever starts a blog, I'd like to know about it" list. ;)

 
At 12/31/2005 02:10:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Get Well soon Sarah :o)
See, i could actually type this on YOUR blog if you had one!

Had to giggle at the way you wrote this post....too funny!

Happy New Year ladies :)

 
At 1/01/2006 01:19:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Feel better soon, Sarah. Otherwise I'll be tempted to poke and prod myself. I mean yourself. Well, you know what I mean. In fact, ever since Melissa mentioned the nurse who liked to palpate her hip, I've thought that I'd have to do that if Melissa and I ever met. :)

 
At 1/01/2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Michelle.

Dave, the hip palpating nurse has retired, so I no longer have anyone to do that for me. If we should ever meet, you're welcome to palpate my hip bones to make sure that they are okay. ;)

 
At 1/01/2006 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Sarah, start a blog already :)

And recover fast!

 
At 1/01/2006 05:43:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

See Sarah? How can you continue to disappoint so many people? It's destiny, you can't fight it.

 
At 1/01/2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Get well soon Sarah! I had the same surgery two years ago and after I healed, I felt better than I had in 25 years. Just don't underestimate the time it takes to heal - please take it slow at first. There is also an excellent internet community at www.hystersisters.com.

 
At 1/06/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ha, home almost a week and no blog! Sleeping in, reading, petting dogs, brushing dogs, throwing the ball, planning the garden redesign, pruning, deadheading, drinking tea, no time for a blog:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home