web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Fat Phobia

It may not seem like it, but today was Christmas, at least for me it was. My family waited until I had a day off to celebrate, which was today.

Getting dressed for the party was a traumatic experience from which I will not soon recover. I wanted to wear black slacks, so I put on my favorite pair and I couldn't fasten them. I tried on a looser pair that tend to slide down when I walk. They were so tight they hurt. Giving up on black slacks, I tried on a pair of jeans and they looked like they had been painted on. I don't do that look. In desperation, I put on some black scrub pants. Thank God for elastic waistbands. They still fit.

When did this happen? Less than a week ago I wore a bikini and although I was a little plumper than I like to be, I didn't think that I looked that bad. And now suddenly, the only pants I can fit in have elasticized waist bands. This really sucks. It's also scary because of my history with bulimia. This is the kind of event that can trigger a relapse. I hope that I can maintain control and diet the old fashioned way. I also don't dare get on a scale. That would push me over the edge for sure. What does it say about me that part of me would rather risk death than be overweight? The battle for control continues. Damn Christmas goodies.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 12/28/2005 03:49:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Melissa, stay strong--Lisa is right about water retention.

 
At 12/29/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Lisa and R2Ks. I hope that you're right.

 
At 12/30/2005 11:46:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Just stay away from that chocolate and everything will return to normal ;-)

 
At 12/31/2005 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's going to take more than that, but I've been very good. I feel in control and I can feel my waist line shrinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home