web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Free At Last (Sort Of)

She's back! She's finally back! The real charge nurse is back and I'm free again (sort of). It's so nice to sit in my favorite corner again and not be bothered (as much). What bliss. No one complained to me the whole evening. I'm still stuck being charge 40% of the time, but that's a 60% improvement over this last month.

The charge nurse went to Paris and India for vacation. During her stay in Paris, she didn't leave her room until it was time to go to the airport. Why did she refuse to venture out? Because it was cold. Now, I have no doubt that Paris is cold in December, but that's why coats, gloves and hats were invented. Her family wisely ventured out without her and brought her back such French specialties as Chinese take out. She doesn't like French cuisine or even cheese or bread! What a waste. Her family should have taken me instead of her with them.

India was different, but not better. It was oppressively hot and humid and she was dripping in sweat the entire time because the place where she was staying had no air conditioning. It also had no screens on the windows. Her mosquito bites are just starting to heal. She also didn't venture from her accommodations in India, but that I can sort of understand.

She sure is glad to be back home. I know that feeling too. I have had a few vacations that were so nice I never wanted to leave, but I've had many more vacations where coming home was the best part of the trip.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 12/27/2005 08:03:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I've never understood staying in your hotel room when there's someplace to explore. One company I worked for sent me to St. Maarten and Tokyo on business. Each time, the coworker I was with (a different one each trip) stayed in his room at night, and I ventured out on my own, often on foot. The thought of flying so far and doing nothing seems crazy to me. I want to meet the local people, eat the local food, see the local sights. The last thing I want to do is watch TV or eat at McDonalds. ;)

 
At 12/27/2005 09:28:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've told several people about this and they all had similar stories about people who wouldn't leave the hotel room or eat the local food. How sad for them.

 
At 12/28/2005 02:24:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I agree. Why on earth travel so far and not see the sights or experience how the "other half" live, no mater how badly it is. I have travelled to many a place where i have literally kissed the ground when the plane has landed back here in Oz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home