web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Nice Try

My patient was close to 90 years old and his devoted wife always sat next to his bed and knitted. They seemed like such a sweet couple. She left the room for a few minutes to get something to eat and after she left, the patient said to me, "I want you to be my girlfriend." I just looked at him, and he said the same thing again. I smiled and said I'll just be your nurse instead and walked out. I guess he figured that it was worth a shot.

Another patient told his wife that girls in pink bikinis had been in his room. She just laughed. Thank goodness she didn't believe him. For the gentlemen patients, the nurses often prance around in pink bikinis. The lucid patients are smart enough not to tell and the confused patients aren't believed. ;)

Lastly, a patient kept complaining about cats in her room. Every once in awhile she would shriek when one got near her. When her doctor came to visit, she complained about the cats. As he left the room, he loudly told the nurse to get rid of the cats. After that there were no more problems with imaginary cats. Sometimes all it takes is a man in a white coat for problems to go away.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 12/31/2005 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL....you have all the luck!

 
At 1/01/2006 01:20:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Nice try. I still plan to NEVER visit your hospital, pink bikini's or not.

 
At 1/01/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

But what about the cats running around in the rooms? I thought that you liked cats. I'm sure, if you really try, you could hallucinate the right fantasy for you to want to come to my hospital. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home