web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

D-Day

D-day is coming in three weeks. That stands for date-day. I haven't been out on a date since last Spring and now I'm going out on a another one. How time flies. It seems like the date from Hell was just yesterday.

This is a blind date arranged by mutual friends. They have been trying to find a husband for me for the past 8 years. I appreciate their efforts, but needless to say since I'm still single, their efforts have not been met with success. They're going with me on the date, a rule that I have for all blind dates, so if it is a complete disaster, I'll have back-up. I wonder how many other women my age insist on chaperones?

Being the optimist that I am, I'm sure that this date will be a disaster. The only question is in what way will it be a disaster. Will I hate him or will he hate me or scariest of all, will we like each other? I have major commitment issues. My life will be simpler and I won't have to face my issues if the date goes badly. It's not entirely an accident that I'm still single. I wonder what kind of shrink coverage my insurance has?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 12/28/2005 03:48:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

You can do it, he may be great--or a great friend. I am wishing you the best of times--no matter how he turns out.

 
At 12/29/2005 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, R2Ks. No matter what happens, I should get some good material for my blog. :)

 
At 12/29/2005 04:01:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

OOooooo goodie, i can't wait to hear how it goes! Just go enjoy yourself, forget it's a date and enjoy the company of your friends.
I still can't wait to hear LOL!

 
At 12/29/2005 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

So that I don't forget anything, I'll keep my notebook out and take notes. My camera will be handy too. Do you think that he'll think I'm odd?

 
At 12/30/2005 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I too, can't wait to read about it!
Happy New Year to you!

 
At 12/31/2005 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Karen. Happy New Year.

 
At 1/01/2006 01:25:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

You're such a good writer, maybe you should try romancing by email first. ;)

Good luck, girl.

 
At 1/01/2006 11:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I wish that were possible. I'm better on paper than I am in real life. He's shy too, I'm told, so at least we will both be struggling.

I hope that the restaurant has flattering lighting. I don't want him to know, right away, that I'm older than him. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home