web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

White, Canary and Pink

White, canary and pink. This doesn't seem to bother anyone but me. Let me explain. Some of the hospital forms come in triplicates and each page is a different color. The pages are labeled white, canary and pink. Doesn't anyone else see the problem here? The colors should be called white, yellow and pink or they should all have frou frou names. Some possibilities are snowflake, coconut or blanc for white and apple blossom, blush or pretty in pink for pink. Somebody started a theme and didn't finish it. That's enough to send someone with OCD over the edge.

If I were in charge things would be different. I would take things a step further and name our forms coconut souffle, jonquil bouquet, and passion pink. It's important to be silly. People sometimes overlook that.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, i love that word "Frou Frou"!!

 
At 1/10/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

And what about albino canaries. Did anyone think of them?

 
At 1/11/2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I use the word frou frou quite a bit now that I have little Tom Tom, my frou frou dog.

R2Ks, you're right and I'm no expert, but I bet canaries come in lots of other colors too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home