web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Party Poopers


What is it with retiring nurses? Why won't they come to their own retirement parties? A few days I wrote a post about a retiring coworker who didn't give us any advance notice that she was leaving, making it hard for us, well, actually impossible for us to give her a party on her last day at work.

Now, another nurse has retired. We knew she was leaving, so a party was organized, a special cake was ordered and then at the last minute she came up with some feeble excuse for not coming. The picture is of her cake.

Is it us they hate or can they not stand the thought of coming back to the hospital for even their own party? In a way, though, I understand. I'm not sure I will tell anyone when I retire either, just because I hate good-byes (and the hospital and a few, no, a lot of other things). Is anyone else contemplating secret retirements?


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Geez if were getting a cake like that, you can bet it would be the first time i turned up for work on time!

 
At 1/13/2006 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The cake was quite awful. It was brown, but it didn't taste anything like chocolate. You would have been sorry to waste valuable calories on it.

 
At 1/13/2006 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

If I don't retire, can I still have cake?

 
At 1/14/2006 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Come over to my house any time you want and I will make you a cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home