web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Not My Type

A patient asked me out and I politely declined. I still had to be his nurse, so the evening was awkward after that. Just when I thought that the worst was over, he couldn't urinate. Oh joy. I had to catheterize him. Have any idea how uncomfortable it is to refuse to go out with someone and then have to hold his penis?

When another patient was admitted, a form was filled out which, among other things, asked about food allergies. Grass and trees were listed. At first I thought this was funny, but on second thought maybe he is allergic to wheat, corn, rice, millet, oats, barley, cinnamon and hearts of palm. Calling it grass and trees is so much simpler.



~ Home

8 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 03:05:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I try to never hold anyone's penis I haven't been dating. It is really much simpler.

However, since I don't get paid to do those things, I might be arrested if I did :)

 
At 1/19/2006 05:40:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Grasses and trees are common allergies.

 
At 1/19/2006 09:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off Topic, Sorry. Please pass this to your Support folk at Blogger.com. I cannot since I am not a member. ---
Since Tuesday morning I have been unable to bring up your blog under Netscape 7.1 (w/ Windows XP Pro). Other blogspot blogs are OK. I get varying results: 1) Your 'Misadventurous Melissa' title comes up with its background, the rest of the blog area is the background-brown, there are several loads from photos1, interspersed with something from an ad site, then Done; no blog material comes up, even though the normal download time has passed. 2) Sometimes nothing at all happens - white screen - and Done.

Internet Explorer works OK for your blogs.

I suspect that somehow the HTML associated with your blog has been corrupted. Thanks.

 
At 1/19/2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

R2ks, I get paid to hold men's penises. Shouldn't that be illegal?

HP, the nurse filled out the form. If she thought that the patient was playing with her, she didn't have to write anything down.

Dave, those are common allergies, but unusual foods.

Anonymous, thanks for telling me. I'll see what I can do about that.

 
At 1/19/2006 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anonymous, I asked for help from a blogging friend and she said that you may need to clean out your Netscape temp files and cookies, or upgrade to version 8, which is new. I saw a copy of my blog on Netscape and it was fine.

 
At 1/19/2006 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

How odd to write that under "food", why not just write...wheat etc?
I tell you, i thought i had wacko clients, but man, i reckon your right up alongside me LOL!

 
At 1/19/2006 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

That allergy reminds me of some weird cereal my stepdad used to try to get me to eat as a child - I think it was called pine nuts or something like that. Ugh.

 
At 1/20/2006 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I'm blaming the nurse for that one. We only care if the patient is allergic to something that they might have contact with in the hospital. We're not interested in hay fever or other non-hospital allergies.

Karen, if it was grapenuts, I like that. If it really was pine nuts then yechhh. I have to pick them out of food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home