web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Passport Photo Primadonna



I got my passport photo taken. This picture, unfortunately is a little closer to what I really look like. Normally, if I want to post a picture, I'll take as many as a hundred shots until I get the shot that has the look I'm going for. Passport photos are a one shot deal. *sigh*

It was also annoying that I had to face the camera directly. I look better with my face turned to the the side. If they're concerned about security, I would be glad to adopt the same pose for the customs inspectors. I don't think that it's too much to ask to be photographed from my best angle. I wonder if movie stars are treated this way.


~ Home

10 Comments:

At 1/21/2006 02:17:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Awwww, you look lovely! I do the same as you...take a hundred shots till i find the best one!

 
At 1/21/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Irene said...

I think you look great! I went to Universal Studios to get one of their one year pass things (for free!) and they take a picture of you for a card you have to show when you go back ... talk about awful!

Regarding a comment by anonymous a few entries back. I have had the same problem. I use Netscape too and I am also not getting anything except your header and brown background. I deleted the cookies and other stuff you mentioned, and still nothing. I don't think it has anything to do with having version 8 because I get other blogs just fine and up until last week I could get your blog. I am using Explorer to read your blogs now. My husband says he will look into it and so I may send you an email about it if he finds out anything.

 
At 1/21/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I actually like this photo alot, maybe better than the posed ones!

 
At 1/21/2006 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Are you kidding me? I was going to tell you that you are gorgeous!

 
At 1/21/2006 06:34:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who wants to look better in pictures than in real life.

Irene, you should see my driver's license photo. But, you won't.

I have no idea what is going on with Netscape. Please let me know if you find out the problem.

But Sarah, this was also a posed picture and I look too much like myself. That's not a good thing.

R2Ks, thanks, but, but, but....

 
At 1/21/2006 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I think you look great! No need to be in a tither about that photo.

 
At 1/22/2006 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

How unfair! I have a hideous picture of myself on my current ID (here in Sweden) because according to the new rules I had to turn enough for one ear to show, put my hair behind it, and look at the photographer at the same time. I keep the new card hidden behind the old one with a forward-facing portrait. I can't bear seeing it when I open my wallet.

 
At 1/22/2006 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Karen.

Jeanne, we should trade countries. Sweden requires what is my best angle, although I prefer to hide behind my hair, and in the U.S. you could pose looking straight at the camera.

 
At 1/22/2006 01:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now you can really make passport photos out of it using passport photos by ePassportPhoto.com
Have you used them Mellisa?

 
At 1/22/2006 04:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Now, you tell me. I looked at the site and they required a closed mouth picture. I think that I'll keep my smiling picture. I scare people when I don't smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home