web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Money Drop


I woke up this morning to the door bell ringing. The first thing I thought was that it might be my money being delivered, but remembered that today was Tuesday and Wednesday is the big day. But still, it was strange that someone rang the door bell, that almost never happens.



I climbed out of bed and went to the front of the house to peek out a window and the UPS truck was outside. I threw on a robe and ran downstairs, opened the door and he was gone. On the ground was an envelope.



Inside was a bunch of pretty money with metallic shiny things worked into the design. I'm happy to have it, but still, they left a thousand dollars worth of cash lying on the ground next to my front door. Are they out of their minds?






~ Home

8 Comments:

At 4/18/2006 04:58:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Since you didn't sign for it, they have no proof that someone didn't pick it up and walk away with it. Call UPS tomorrow and ask where your money is. ;)

 
At 4/18/2006 06:20:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Geeeez, that's crazy. I hope it was insured just in case.

 
At 4/18/2006 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is scary!

 
At 4/18/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I may be wrong, but I think UPS doesn't even allow sending cash.

Pretty money, isn't it :-)

 
At 4/19/2006 08:30:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

UPS leaves stuff on my porch all the time. They usually try to conceal it behind a plant. I think I will go to the Auto Club and pick up my money for the trip.

 
At 4/19/2006 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, too bad I didn't think of that before I wrote a post about it. :)

Michelle, I assume that it was.

Madwag, it's a good thing that I was home when it arrived.

Karen, it may have been FedEx. I was still half asleep.

Sarah, you may have to drive some distance. Few of the Auto Clubs have currency exchange.

 
At 4/19/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

My personal assistant /event planner is taking care of it:)

 
At 4/20/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

How do I get one of those?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home