web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hair Challenges

In case anyone is wondering, it was cold in Ireland. Damn cold. And windy. And wet. I was prepared, so I didn't suffer unduly. That statement does not apply to my hair, however. I had a very different look while there.

I couldn't help but notice that Irish women my age have short hair, unlike where I come from. I guess that they don't want to look like this. These two photos were taken two weeks apart, by the way. That's just what I looked like during the vacation.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 11:43:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Glad you are back. Glad Murphy is okay. I think you look just fine with your hair messed up.
Long flights really suck. I hate going through all the checks and waiting at airports. Once they had a problem with my passport at Heathrow. I had to wait with my daughters in a small confined area for over an hour. I was so tired, pissed off, hungry and scared.... I just started crying. That is one of the main reasons I don't want to go back for a visit...ever.

 
At 5/16/2006 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You still look gorgeous :o)

 
At 5/17/2006 01:36:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, Heathrow has the mother of all security systems. We nearly missed our flight back to the U.S. because of that logjam. Because of fatigue, hunger and anxiety, I was fighting back tears as well.

Michelle, thanks. I'm such a sucker for flattery. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home