web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Good Bye, For Now

Today is the big day. I'll be gone on vacation until the middle of May. I hope the pilot got a good night's sleep, isn't drunk and didn't get into a fight with his wife. Isn't it amazing the things that I can think of to worry about?

Yesterday I took Murphy for another walk through Placerita Canyon. The hillsides were covered with wildflowers. Murph had to put up with me stopping every few feet to take pictures. Murph doesn't have the same appreciation for flowers that I do.





This is the beginning of the walk where Murph is saying, hurry up! What are you waiting for?





At the end of the walk, there was a coiled up snake on the trail. It was cream colored, had a diamond shaped head and a brilliant scarlet serpent's tongue, but no rattles. I didn't see it until Murph had already passed it. He either didn't notice it or didn't care. Either way I'm glad. There will be no more dog walks there until winter.

On the way home, I stopped at In & Out Burger. Murph got a double, double with cheese and the other boys and I got regular hamburgers. When we got home, we all ate lunch together. It took some coaxing, but once Murph realized there was meat in it, it was gone in about two seconds. He even ate the tomato slices and lettuce. Unbelievable. It didn't occur to me to get fries for the dogs, but it did occur to Murph. He stuck his face in my fries and they disappeared. I only got two.

Next, I loaded up the car with the boy's food and bowls and took the boys to my parent's house. Kelsey and Murph refused to get out of the car when we got there. They normally fly out of the car, but they knew something was up. They will be well taken care of, but I already miss them so much. The house feels so empty and quiet without them. How can people stand to not own pets?

Anyway, it's unlikely that I will post while I'm gone. Please remember to come back and visit around the middle of May. I will miss you all. Take care.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 06:02:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Stay safe, have a wonderful time, kiss the "Blarney Stone" for me!
We'll miss you too, take tons of photos and have fun. See you when you get back :o)

 
At 4/27/2006 06:48:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! Looking forward to seeing the pictures you take.

 
At 4/27/2006 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Have a good trip, Melissa. Take care and of course take tons of pics!
xo

 
At 4/27/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Have a great trip!

 
At 4/27/2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Nice flower pics, lovely Murph :-))

Have a grand time!

 
At 4/28/2006 01:29:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Next time, tell them to supersize the fries because you have to share.

Have a wonderful vacation. I'll be here when you get back. You are quickly becoming on of my favorite bloggers.

 
At 5/04/2006 03:39:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Lovely pics...hope you have a fab holiday :o)

 
At 5/16/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate everyone's best wishes. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home