web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Piece Of String


Image hosting by PhotobucketMy favorite camisole is worn out and I haven't been able to find a replacement. The straps will no longer stay on my shoulders and they can't be tightened anymore. I solved the problem by tying some string between the straps. It's not pretty, but it works and no one is going to see it.

The problem is the source of the string. It was left over from tying up dead bodies. There is always extra string in the body bag packages, so I take it home with me. There's no point in throwing out perfectly good string.


My problem is that I have to get on a plane in a few days and I'm wondering if it is bad Karma to wear death ties. I'm not superstitious, normally, but I'm nervous about flying. Although, it's not flying that bothers me, it's my fear of crashing or being trapped on a doomed plane.


Is it better to wear an uncomfortable bra on a long flight and play it safe or should I wear my comfortable death tie camisole and risk dooming the plane?


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

hmmmmm....how about getting a different piece of string? I don't think it will be bad karma to use the death tie really.

Have you checked the weather forcast for Ireland yet? It may not be super cold now. I know the weather down here in the south of England is lovely.

 
At 4/24/2006 05:27:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Better play it safe. I'd hate to lose one of my favorite bloggers. :)

 
At 4/24/2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Do you have more of that string around? It could come in handy if you ran out of floss..... ;)

 
At 4/25/2006 12:46:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag and Gary, I removed the cursed string and replaced it with some elastic that I cut off of some old underwear. Now if the plane goes down it's not my fault.

Dave, my floss must be waxed. That string would never fit between my teeth. I still have plenty of string, though, people just keep dying. I could use it to tie back my hair. :)

 
At 4/25/2006 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ewwww...LOL. I'd wear the camisole and change the string!!

 
At 4/26/2006 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, it's a done deal. I'm not taking any chances.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home