web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Odiferous Orange Onslaught

When I walk outside these days, I'm hit by a wall of perfume. The fragrance of orange blossoms is so incredibly delicious. I love Spring.



Several years ago I planted a wisteria. It's blooming for the first time. I wonder if it overheard my conversations where I was debating taking it out.

A quince tree came with my house. The tree and flowers are pretty, but I don't care much for the fruit. The critters leave it alone as well. What does that tell you about Quince?


These are pear blossoms. The pears taste like raw potatoes. Critters leave them alone too, including me.

My favorite fruit, that I'm able to grow, are figs. It's the only fruit I know of that doesn't produce flowers, so although I have a bunch of tiny figs growing, there are no accompanying flower pictures. The birds will get most, if not all of my figs. They know what tastes good too.
















~ Home

4 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 01:41:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Beautiful pics....wisteria is my absolute fave, how lucky you are to have one :o)

 
At 4/21/2006 05:39:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I love those photos. Especially the pear blossoms.

BTW, I live in Houston. The harbor I was referring to is just off of Galveston Bay. To me, boating here is not as great as it is in other places because the water isn't clear and sparkly.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.

 
At 4/21/2006 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I love orange blossoms. All of our trees are blooming now... I love it.

Check out the picture of my dog that I put up today, I bought him a new toy.

xx

 
At 4/23/2006 04:56:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Mmmmmmmm wisteria..yummmy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home