web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Beginning Of The Fire Season


Now I know why the sky has been so loud this morning. While walking the dogs I saw this on the other side of the freeway. Of course helicopters and planes are working on it, so there is a constant background roar.

I hope that no homes are lost and that it stays away from the freeway. There is nothing quite like trying to get to work when the freeway and surface roads are all closed.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 08:51:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

We have several fires blazing in Eastern Washington, which is not too unusual. As a kid, I remember seeing the hillsides ablaze. On one camping trip there was a fire about a quarter mile away. We hiked up for a closer look. It was amazing to see an entire 100 foot tree suddenly burst into flames. Here on the west side, being so wet, we don't have many fires.

 
At 8/29/2006 09:00:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I thought that you were just having one hella BBQ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home