web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Blank Blog

I don't know what happened, but my opening blog page was an empty page. I figured that Blogger must be down, so I visited other Blogger blogs and they were fine. I wondered if it was just a local problem, so I visited another L.A. blogger. His blog was fine. It had to be just me.

When I went to bed last night, I hoped that it would be magically fixed during the night. I didn't sleep well wondering what I was going to do. Should I start over with another blog company or just quit blogging altogether?

This morning with shaky, wet hands, I worked on the problem. Without boring you with all of the details, I ended up re-publishing my blog and it re-appeared. I'm not going to quit blogging after all.

I was like an addict going through withdrawal. Now that I've had my blogging fix, life is good again, more or less.


~ Home

12 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I noticed it was blank this morning. Glad to see you back.

 
At 8/24/2006 01:45:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

It was just the index page, your archive and post pages were fine. I figured the next time someone left a comment or you republished the index would come back. (No need to republish the whole site, you can republish just the index to fix that first page. If you add a comment to a post, it republishes that post, the archive the post appears in, and the index page (not sure if the index gets republished when the post is no longer listed there).

 
At 8/24/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I am glad you are back to your former self. I gusee you were having an "out of blog" experience. :)

 
At 8/24/2006 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Welcome back Melissa. Glad the fix was easy.

DK - I understood little of that. If one can't see her page, how can one leave a comment?

 
At 8/24/2006 08:07:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Sorry, it's the programmer in me speaking. We don't speak English. :) True, it's hard to leave a comment if the main index page isn't accessible. I read most blogs with Bloglines, which shows me the latest, unread blog posts of all the blogs I subscribe to. So that's one way to leave a comment... use Bloglines or another feed reader and use it to go to the latest blog post, then leave a comment on that page.

Another way is to Google a blog (like Misadventurous Melissa) and put in the title of a recent post, and odds are Google will bring up that post for you.

Here's one more, obscure, way, for this particular blog. Go to my blog and scroll down until you see "Feeds from Friends" in my sidebar. You'll see up to three of Melissa's latest posts, which you can click on to bring them up and leave a comment.

Or, you could just email Melissa and say, "Your blog is down!"

Programmers do things the hard way. :)

 
At 8/24/2006 08:47:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I'm glad to be back. What a horrible experience.

Dave, so why didn't you leave a comment to rescue me? Don't you know how helpless I am? :)

Irene, thanks. It's good to know that people at least noticed that I was gone.

 
At 8/24/2006 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Dave, thanks for clearing that up. Englishise is better than computerise :)

And yes, Melissa, I noticed. I have certain sites and blogs I look at every day and you are one of them!

 
At 8/24/2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, you're back! I thought you'd fallen in the pond ;o)

 
At 8/24/2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Helpless? Tell me again who got your blog going again? ;)

LOL, Michelle!

 
At 8/25/2006 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh good... you didn't leave blogging land after all.... missed you! xx

 
At 8/26/2006 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, if I did fall in the pond (again) I could just walk out. It's less than 3 feet deep.

Dave, but look how I suffered. *sniffle*

Madwag, I almost did decide to leave blogging, but I can't get this blogging monkey off my back.

 
At 8/30/2006 09:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kissed Blogger goodbye a long time ago...parting was NOT sweet sorrow, let me tell you, it was relief.

When you have to re-do a 67 post Grand Rounds, you want reliability....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home