web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Rat Patty And A Prat-Fall


Don't you just hate it when your day starts out like this? I walked outside and felt something gush between my toes. It was poop and I hadn't even gotten to work yet.

While walking the boys, I noticed a rat patty on the sidewalk. In case you're wondering, a rat patty is a dead, dried, squished rat. Murph managed to step on it which distracted me from noticing that Kelsey was crossing my path. I tripped over Kelse and both of us tumbled, fell off the sidewalk and landed in the gutter. Kelse was fine and I just got a few scrapes.

That's the third time I have fallen in a gutter. The first time I was wearing high heels and an evening gown on my way to a ballet. Not used to heels, I lost my balance as I stepped off a curb and landed in the gutter. The second time, I was wearing white scrubs on my way to my job interview with my current employer. I tripped over a fire hydrant and rolled, landing sprawled in the gutter. They hired me even though I was dirty. At least this time it didn't matter that I got dirty.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/19/2006 01:59:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

LOVE the pic... :o) I can really relate to it being a dog owner myself.

 
At 8/20/2006 01:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So: do you carry a camera with you constantly, have it readily available outside to document mishaps, or did you fetch it from the house with an 'ewwww-ey' foot?

Those who have lawn (or dirt) areas attractive to cats also can sympathize with you.

 
At 8/21/2006 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I thought that it was an attractive photo also.

Paul, I hopped into the house, got my camera and went back to the scene of the crime and got a photo. At work, I always have my camera in my pocket. I would prefer to just keep it nearby, but with it in my pocket, I don't have to worry about it being stolen.

 
At 7/02/2009 08:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats fucking digusting why would you want to take a picture of that? blogging is gay, get a life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home