web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Ligers And Tigons, Oh My

What do you get when you cross a lion with a tiger? A liger. No, I'm not making that up. I have photos below as proof.

Who knew that lions and tigers even liked each other? They don't get along in the wild. Ligers usually happen only in captivity where the choice of mates is limited, kind of like being a 50 year old woman in L.A. They are the product of a lion father and tiger mother, not to be confused with tigons which have tiger dads and lion mothers. Tigons are smaller and more tiger like than ligers. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of tigons.

This sweet liger is still a baby and growing. He weighs about 1000 pounds and eats about 20 pounds of meat a day.



This photo reminds me of my blog coverdog photo. I'm a little jealous, though. I want a liger too. Murph is tiny compared to this gorgeous creature. I wonder if the neighbors would mind if I adopted a liger?

Thanks, Sarah.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/14/2006 08:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty cat.

 
At 8/14/2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What beautiful photos, wow i could see one of those adorning your new car!

 
At 8/15/2006 02:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister once adopted a moountain lion. Unfortunately, they are illegal and somebody turned her in. She was pretty scary, tho. (The cat, not my sister.)

 
At 8/15/2006 04:49:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Your sister's pretty scary, too! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home