web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

No Rubbing Or Buffing

I decided to wax my car. This is not something that I enjoy doing, but I want to keep it looking nice.

In the garage, I found a bottle of car polish. It lasts for a year and doesn't require rubbing or buffing. Perfect.




The directions on the back say to apply the product to one section at a time, let dry and then wipe off. The front label says no rubbing and the back label says to wipe. Isn't rubbing and wiping the same thing?

I applied it to my car and had to wipe back and forth to get it off my car. Isn't that the same as buffing?

My car does look nice and I wish that it would stay that way for the next year as stated on the front, but it needs to be re-applied in 30 days according to the back label.

Did the person who wrote the front label ever read the back label?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 12:48:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I know you're just being funny, but that's pretty good stuff. You don't have to buff it, you don't have to rub it in. Wax requires you to rub repeatedly with some pressure, this stuff you just wipe off the residue. If you have to wipe a lot, you're using too much. After the second, optional coat, you're good for a year(theoretically). :)

I've also used that stuff on PDA screens.

 
At 8/10/2006 04:59:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I've used Nu-Finish for years and have been satisfied with it. Usually once a year is enough.

 
At 8/10/2006 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

He joker probably got a raise and a promotion for writing it like that. Pure genious. :)

By the way, how does your car look now that it's wiped?

 
At 8/10/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I wasn't trying to be funny. I was trying to find a nice way of saying that their label was false and misleading. To me, wiping back and forth is the same thing as rubbing or buffing, although granted, it wasn't nearly as bad as working with paste wax. I did that once and will never do that again. Also, once a year means once a year, not repeat in 30 days. :)

What's a PDA screen?

Alan, the product worked fine. I just resented the label. I took it literally.

Gary, my car looks good, but then, it did before too. I just want to keep it looking that way.

 
At 8/10/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Palm Pilots and Pocket PCs and the like are PDAs (Pocket Digital Assistants). I like to use your polish on the screens of devices I write on with a stylus, because it makes the stylus glide more smoothly and scratch it less.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home