web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Lap Monsters


I was going around the corner when something dropped from the top of the car onto my lap. My first thought was tarantula. My second thought was rat. I couldn't look down until the turn was complete. My heart was racing. So, what scared me so badly? The garage door opener.

Later, at work, I glanced down and saw some creature with beady eyes sitting on my lap. I jumped, but managed not to shriek. What was it this time that scared me? That's it in the photo, a key ring.

It's not easy going through life being afraid of everything.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that happens to me too... the only difference is that if I feel a spider on my arm it usually is... or creepy things looking at me really are creepy things...like a dead rat at the bottom of my stair case... ugh... my cats love me so much that they bring me nice presents

 
At 8/11/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I would be pretty scared if that thing dropped on me too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home