web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blood Bath

Don't you just hate it when this happens? Blood was transfusing on a patient with severe dementia. When I checked on her, this is what I found. She had disconnected the tubing and was giving herself a blood bath.

When I tried to wash her, she kept grabbing me with her bloody hands. I got all bloody as well. Perhaps she just wanted to share in the joy of playing with blood.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 11/05/2006 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good gosh. I don't know how you do it.

 
At 11/05/2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sometimes I really wish that they would let us wheel patients like that outside and hose them off. If other people saw it, it might act as an incentive to behave. :)

 
At 11/05/2006 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

looks messy....

 
At 11/06/2006 12:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Presumably the photo was taken 1) by you, 2) of her, before you got all, uh, involved? Otherwise, how'd ya' do it? Do you keep a camera fastened to your outfit, or is this a cell-phone picture?

 
At 11/07/2006 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, it was messy and sticky.

Paul, I always take a camera to work. I keep it either in my purse or pocket for photo emergencies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home