web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Toilet

The last plumbing job I did ended badly. I had to hire a plumber to finish the job. So, this time, I was quite anxious about my project. The overflow drain in the toilet had become eggshell brittle and had broken. With it broken, the toilet tank would drain as fast it emptied and never stopped. I had to turn off the water supply in between flushes and that was becoming a royal pain.

I bought a toilet repair kit, but didn't understand the instructions. I was on my own. An hour later I was done and can now flush the toilet without turning the water supply on and off. Yay!

The photo is after I washed my hands several times. It looks like I'll be going to work like that.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home