web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Knock On The Door

I don't open the door to strangers. My mom trained me well. If a stranger is at the door, I drop to the floor, below the level of the windows and wait for them to leave. This time, though, I was expecting someone, an insurance adjuster.

When I heard a knock on the door and saw a man in a suit, I figured that was him. Only after opening the door did I realize my horrible mistake. It was a J.W.(Jehovah Witness). I just stared at him in horror and wondered how I was going to politely get rid of him. This is exactly the reason why I don't open my door to strangers. Who needs this kind of aggravation?

I'm not just avoiding people who are trying to convert me to their religion, I'm also trying to avoid sales people, murderers, thieves and rapists. When you're a woman living alone, you can't be too careful.

Anyway, the dogs were trying to squeeze through the partially open door to kill the J.W. No, not really kill, just lick him silly, but he didn't know that. He quickly handed me a tract, asked me to read it and left. Hallelujah! I got off easy.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I've found that answering the door in a speedo while holding a bottle of whisky in one hand and and a bloody hatchet in the other usually makes them go away.

 
At 10/22/2006 06:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hi Megha, thanks for visiting.

Alan, LMAO. It must be a pain to change into that outfit every time the door bell rings. Or, do you normally go around the house that way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home