web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Camera On A Tripod

The neighbors across the street have always kept their bedroom window blinds closed, until now. Now, a camera on a tripod is sitting in the now exposed window. My question is why.

The camera lens is facing my house. Are they filming me? If so, they will die of boredom. Nothing even remotely interesting happens in my house. They'll see dogs walking around and sleeping on the furniture. Sometimes I'll walk by in old sweats. I might sit down and read in my sweats. Nothing illegal, immoral or racy happens here. I find it hard to believe that the camera is there to film me.

Maybe it's a security camera and they are filming all activity in front of their house. Again, I don't know why they would bother. This is a very low crime area with cops living up and down the street. Plus, the wife doesn't work and the husband doesn't travel. One or both of them are almost always home. I don't know why they would be so afraid.


So, why after several years, is a camera now prominently displayed in their window?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 06:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you ask them? That is kind of creepy.

 
At 10/13/2006 07:19:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I find that very odd and as stated above, creepy. Maybe if you don't feel comfortable approaching them (how well do you know them?), one of your neighbor policemen can be recruited to ask them :)

 
At 10/14/2006 12:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry about it... if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about... they may just be odd like me and do odd things like that and don't realize that they are being odd...lol.

 
At 10/15/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon and Irene, I'm going to take Madwags advice and do nothing. I have nothing to hide and will surely bore them.

 
At 10/17/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yikes, how very "Hitchcock"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home