web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Soup And Shoved

I nearly bought some tomato soup. What stopped me was the nutritional information on the label. It was 350 calories a cup. If I'm going to eat something that is 350 calories a cup, it had better be frozen and have chocolate or vanilla beans in it.

Plus, unlike ice cream, I don't consider one cup to be a serving size for soup. The entire one quart container is my idea of a serving size, which would be well over half of my daily calorie allotment. Sometimes it makes more sense to eat ice cream.




A transporter was bringing in a patient by bed and needed to pass through the narrow passageway leading into the room. He was in hurry and the open bathroom door was blocking his path. With one big shove, he slammed the door shut. What he didn't know was that I was on the other side of the door helping a patient in the bathroom. The door sent me flying into the bathroom with the door slamming shut behind me. Fortunately, the patient was safely sitting on the toilet out of harm's way. Although unhurt, I was a little stunned, wondering what had just happened and when it would be safe to come out.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 10/05/2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Your job sounds dangerous, glad the patients and you are okay.

 
At 10/06/2006 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I eat Cambells tomato soup which has 225 calories in 21 ounces. I buy fresh curry powder at the gourmet market for about five dollars a pound. I load the tomato soup up with lots of curry powder and I think it is delicious. Yumm.

 
At 10/07/2006 04:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like that gourmet soup that Safeway makes - probably with tons of fat (saturated!) and very little fiber. Not very healthy.

 
At 10/07/2006 08:05:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

350, yep it has to be chocolate coated :o)

 
At 10/08/2006 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, it shouldn't be that dangerous. I don't know what the moron was thinking, shoving a door closed without looking at the other side of it.

Gary, I'll have to try that. I like to add canned tomatoes to Campbell's tomato soup. It adds some extra nutrition and texture to the soup for very few calories.

Connie, this particular soup was from Costco. I've tried the Vons Select tomato soup which is probably the same as Safeway's and it is almost pure fat. Unfortunately, it is also very good. To try and stretch the calories, I'll pour a little on top of pasta. It's so good that I want to roll in it.

Michelle, you're right about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home