web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Before And After

Do you like my hat? Target shopping bags make nice hats if you want to deep condition your hair. It was fine until I decided to wash my car in front of the house. The neighbors must wonder about me, if they didn't already. Oh, how I suffer in the name of beauty.


This is after the bag comes off. This is why women spend so much time on hair and make up.


Last night was the awards banquet at work and my dad was my date. He's the only person I know who isn't afraid of my driving. In fact, he praised me for being a good driver. I'm careful and not aggressive, but if I see the opportunity to have some fun, I take it. As a former fighter pilot, he appreciates a little thrill now and then. Like father, like daughter.

The dinner and show was nice, professionally done and must have cost a ton of money. There were over 600 people present and I saw fewer than five people that I know. I'm sure glad that I had my dad there to talk to.

I wore what was going to be my divorce dress. It was the sexiest dress I could find that would still be appropriate for court. It says, "Eat your heart out, bastard." The day of the hearing was freezing cold, so I wore something else instead. The dress worked out fine for the dinner last night, although it was once again just a dress, not a message to anyone.

I'm nursing a hangover today. I didn't drink that much and was never impaired, but I have such a low tolerance for alcohol, that even two glasses of wine has made me sick. Just the thought of alcohol makes me gag. Or maybe I got food poisoning. Thinking of that mushy fish also makes me want to wretch . And there was that unpleasant episode in the bathroom. Either way, I still have to go to work today, so it's going to be a dry toast and crackers day.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 05:54:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Your dad is quite handsome and he looks young for his age.

If that is your garden in the first picture, it looks wonderful.

 
At 9/27/2006 07:35:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Lovely photo... glad you had a good time, except for the fish, that is.

 
At 9/27/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What a fabulous before and after shot :o)
Blue suits you! And, your hair looks great!

 
At 9/28/2006 12:47:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, that is my garden in the first two pictures. The last picture is my parent's garden. My dad does look great for 85. He's still sharp as a tack too.

Lisa, oh, you reminded me of the fish again. I just got a cold chill.

Michelle, it's amazing what a difference a little paint job makes.

 
At 9/28/2006 04:03:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I love the Target bag!!
The blue dress is really nice and suits you well.

Too bad about the mushy fish... I can't eat fish unless it is done right.

 
At 9/28/2006 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Nice picture of you and your dad.

 
At 9/30/2006 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, this fish was either decomposing or had sat on a steam table too long.

Thanks, Alan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home