web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Stolen Eggs Taste Best

Murphy is on a special diet and eats, almost exclusively, meat, eggs and cheese. Murph likes hard-boiled eggs and they are easy to fix, so I toss a few in his bowl with every meal. After one meal, an egg was left behind.

Later, I saw Tommy sitting on the carpet, taking tiny bites from it looking like a squirrel with the egg between his paws. He watched me nervously, wondering if I was going to take it away. I just looked the other way.

I felt a little guilty because I didn't know that Tommy liked hard-boiled eggs. It's not right that he has been watching Murph eat special egg treats and he never got any.

With the next meal, Tommy got his own egg. He ignored it and walked away. Murphy ended up eating the egg.

Things evened out in the end, but still, what was that all about? Do eggs only taste good if they're stolen?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 06:40:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

kids do the same exact thing... drives me bonkers...my animals, all of them, do that as well...

 
At 9/20/2006 05:37:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Eggs naturally taste better when stolen.

 
At 9/21/2006 07:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, dogs and kids have so much in common.

Alan, do you know this from personal experience? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home