web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Tricky Dress


Needing a dress for a work-related dinner that is coming up, I looked in a spare closet and found several dresses that have never been worn. It didn't seem right to buy a new dress, so I tried the dresses on.

One of the dresses was extremely difficult to get on. I couldn't imagine that I had gained that much weight, but once on, it fit perfectly. It's a wrap dress, so I figured that I must have missed a button or tie hidden somewhere inside the dress, making it difficult to put on. I searched the dress while wearing it, but couldn't find any way to loosen the waist so that I could get it off.

I tried to pull it over my head, but the waist wouldn't go past my rib cage and it hurt my shoulders to tug on it. I tried pulling it down over my hips, but it would not budge. The dress absolutely would not come off and I was starting to feel claustrophobic. I didn't want to cut it off of me, but I also didn't want to wear the dress for the rest of my life.

Studying the dress some more, I noticed something. There was a hidden zipper going down the back. Look at the photo of the back of the dress. Do you see a zipper? I unzipped it and was able to step out of the dress. Don't I feel silly? Whoever sewed the zipper in did a very good job of hiding it, too good of a job.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger JB said...

Melissa, great blog focus in both angles... Mis & Ad VENTURES !!

Kind regards from Barcelona!!

 
At 9/16/2006 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It has me fooled, i can't see one.

 
At 9/16/2006 11:01:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

*laughing*

I am glad you found that zipper! :-D

 
At 9/17/2006 12:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try getting stuck in a dress like that while you are in the store! Talk about panic.

 
At 9/17/2006 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

JB, I'm glad that you could visit. I looked at your blog, but was stopped by the language barrier.

Michelle, invisible zippers can be too invisible.

Karen, I'm glad that I didn't have to cut it off.

Connie, I must have known there was a zipper in it several years ago when I tried it on in the store. That would be horrible to get stuck in a dress in a store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home