web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, September 08, 2006

10/06

Getting out of my car at work, I noticed something odd about my side window. There was some small print written with a black marker at the bottom of the window. It was discrete and barely noticeable. It said, "10/06".

What does that mean? Is it October 2006? Why would someone write that?

I've never parked my car on the street, so it isn't any kind of meter maid marking. My car has only been in my locked garage at home, the parking lot at work and the occasional store parking lot.

This is driving me crazy. It must mean something, but what?


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 9/08/2006 03:28:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Check the other cars at work and see if they have similar writing. If so, then it's probably another brain-damaaged practice by your employer, maybe to see if employees are parking where they shouldn't. Sue the jackals!!! :)

Off-topic: the word verification for this comment was jzazz. I like that. :)

 
At 9/08/2006 05:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would bother me, too. I'd do what Dave said.

 
At 9/09/2006 02:20:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that would bother me as well.... I don't like things that are out of place and order etc.... I get consumed by it until I solve the mystery

 
At 9/09/2006 03:50:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I doubt seriously that it was a random thing. I would investigate.

 
At 9/09/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

You don't mess with nurses: Nurse Strangles Intruder. ;)

 
At 9/09/2006 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I've asked my coworkers about it and it hasn't happened to them. I will take your advice and start looking at the other cars. As far as I know, I'm parked where I'm supposed to be.

Concerning the strangling nurse, I like it that she didn't release him went he lost consciousness. She finished what she started.

Thanks, Lisa, Madwag and Gary. I'm glad to hear that I'm not being paranoid over this thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home