web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Dream Play

Last night, I had one of my favorite kind of dreams. In the middle of the dream, I realized that I was dreaming. My reaction was, oh goody, now I can play.

I got to perform ballet on pointe in bare feet, without pain. I got to figure skate in the snow, in bare feet. I could fly. And best of all...uh, well, we won't talk about best of all. ;)

Do you ever have dreams where you realize that you are dreaming and can control the events of your dream and play?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 03:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it, I do, but nothing that elaborate.

It's nice when you can do that.

 
At 9/02/2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I love lucid dreaming. Wish I could accomplish it more often.

 
At 9/03/2006 01:49:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Geeez i wish i could wake up in a dream and realise i was dreaming! Boy the fun i could have ;o)

 
At 9/03/2006 04:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh in my dreams....no pun intended.

My dreams are disjointed and surrealistic.

Very unlike my normal life...

I hate dreaming about work, though. Its like I did an unpaid shift....

 
At 9/03/2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I wish that I could do it more often too.

Dave, interesting article. I was so hoping that I could repeat the experience last night, but instead I had my usual giant waves at the beach dream. I've had that dream my entire life and am so sick of it. Did I die in a tsunami in a previous life?

Michelle, it is so much fun and completely safe. ;)

Kim, I also hate it when I dream about work. I wish that I could bill my employer for my double shift.

 
At 9/05/2006 02:45:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I have the most fantastic dreams. I have places that I have made up and I go back and visit again when I realize that I can. I dream of a town that I live in...stores, houses, people,... it is really cool.

 
At 9/05/2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have another life in my dreams also. In my dream life I'm married and live in a different house than my real one. It's odd to have two separate lives. It's sometimes confusing too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home